The Northfield Township Police Department is accepting applications for two positions of Part-Time Police Officer. Prior law enforcement experience is preferred, but not required. The applicant must be able to work a variety of shifts and hours, to include weekends and holidays.
The applicant must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid drivers license
- Be MCOLES certified, or certifiable, or have proof of current enrollment in a police academy. May also have successfully completed the MCOLES Recognition of Prior Training and Experience program.
- Successfully pass a background check, medical exam, drug screen and psychological examination
- No felony convictions, or high court misdemeanors
- Must have good moral character and work ethic
- Must have basic computer skills and be able to write accurate and detailed reports
- Perform routine patrol duties and respond to calls for service
- Enforce federal, state and traffic laws, as well as local ordinances
- Make arrests and conduct criminal investigations
- Attend court hearings relative to cases
- Effectively communicate with township residents and fellow officers, both verbally and in writing
- Accurately complete reports, citations, search warrants, warrant requests, subpoenas, etc.
- Operate desktop and in-car computer systems, radio systems, and cameras
- Directing traffic and providing physical assistance in emergency situations
- Working additional functions, such as parades, fireworks, and various other details
Starting pay is $16.71 per hour, but pay may be commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Applications may be obtained from the Northfield Township Police Department, 8350 Main Street, Whitmore Lake, MI 48189 (734-449-9911). Applications and MCOLES release forms may also be downloaded by clicking on the link to the left under Employment Opportunities (you must complete both forms). You must have Adobe reader in order to download the forms. To get Adobe - click on the link.